Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Someday I, too, will be brave enough to blog about my underpants

Whaddup, Eden Uncharted Readers!  (Eden Uncharteders?  Edenists?  Desperate for a distraction at work so I guess I'll go check out what frivolity Eden is prattling on about today-ers?  I'm playing around with what to call you people; any and all contributions will be considered and then ultimately thrown out the window because you're not the collective boss of me.)

So it's now August, and as promised, here's my great return to the blogosphere.  Festival Season is still winding down (2 more concerts and a week of wrap up), but the whole office has reached the "I don't give a fuck" and "Traffic jam on the Interstate?  Oh...yeah, that's totally why I was 40 minutes late to work today" stage.  Which is why I can blog at work and not feel guilty.  And in the coming weeks I will definitely be doing a recap of the last 6 weeks of my life, from Intern Tomfoolery to really wonderful and poignant moments that happened during concerts.  Also, I know that I STILL owe you some road trip stories of how I managed to make it out here to this amazing and ridiculous place called Colorado.  Or as a friend of mine called it, "The Longest Modern Day Oregon Trail EVER."  Luckily, no oxen were killed in the making of the road trip.  But only because we kept our river fording to a minimum.

ANYWAY, since my coworkers and I are walking around in the aforementioned Zombie state (aka, Festival Hangover), I've spent the past week Blog Stalking a lot of people.  And it's like there's this whole community of women out there who are telling their embarrassing and dysfunctional stories, and in a way that probably only makes sense in my own head, I desperately want to be a part.  It has refueled my inspiration to write...only "write" here having the meaning of "flippantly, and using more run-on sentences than is normal for anyone who calls herself a writer, striving to detail the mundane and ludicrous aspects of my life."  See?  Just like that.  (Hey, I added commas there to help you out a little.  I'm thinking of you guys here, Eden Unchartedenerites.)  The point is, I've found my Blogging Spirit Animals, and in reading about these women's lives, I realize that if I can achieve even 1/8 of the success that they have, I will be ecstatic.  And they've done it by writing openly about their undergarments and sticking their hands in yogurt and diagramming their sheet-freakiness (okay, this last one is a pipe dream--NO ONE can be even 1/8 as blog-tastic as The Bloggess herself, but we all have to have "reach" goals and fabulous idols and she's mine).

So, here we go again.  Back into the Blogosphere.  Down the Rabbit Hole of Haphazardness.  Come along for the ride--but be sure to buckle up and bring a snack, because it's sure to be a little bumpy and a long and winding road.

2 comments:

  1. Just call us the EU (for Eden Uncharted). Or it could be the EUch (since "Un" can sometimes be treated like a word on its own in acronyms). Take it a step further and we could be the Euchres, cuz obviously we like old lady card games or we're all deceitful cheaters who like to outwit each other.

    Glad I could make this contribution...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we should get tshirts. that say something like "I know Eden. But do you?" in a really creepy way. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete