Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

There's no continuity here, so just go with it.

Guess what came in the mail this weekend, y'all!!!  First, I finally got my t-shirt that I ordered from fckh8.com.  I kinda love it:


The best part?  I can't wear it to La Spa because the dress code is all black for us lovely front desk ladies.  So when I bought it, I thought, "Well, shoot, guess it's gonna be a slummin-around-the-house kind of shirt."  Until I realized:  THE CHURCH FOLK WILL LOVE IT.  So I'm planning on wearing it to choir rehearsal on Wednesday.  I say again, this is why my job is better than yours.

The other exciting news is that the cookbook I've been working on since September finally arrived this weekend as well.




As my mother says, it's beautiful and highly caloric, which is the best combination I think.  Recipes include Pumpkin Black Bean Soup, Crispy Skin Salmon with Tarragon Sauce, and Beebop-a-Reebop Rhubarb Pie.  Want a copy?  Let me know, and I'll send you the info!

This weekend I'm going on a Women's Retreat with some church ladies--we're headed out to Oak Island, NC, for a weekend of personal renewal, spiritual reflection, and sisterly camaraderie.  Or so the brochure says.  Really, I think it's gonna be an excuse to eat, drink, sing songs, and walk contemplatively on the beach.  Hey, I'm not complaining--I need a vacation, and if it's a church-sanctioned one, then bully for me.  Of course, in talking with the Boy Genius Organist about it, we're fairly certain in could devolve into this:




Though, I suppose there are worse things...."If you can't say something nice, come sit right here next to me."  Yeah, I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. So, sometimes I drive the Mr.'s car to my church job. On the back of his car, he has a bumper sticker that says "I <3 <3" (those are hearts if you couldn't tell) then underneath it says "I support gay marriage".

    Needless to say, I fear for my life every time I cross the city limits into the small north FL town where my church is.

    My point being--I'm jealous of your job.

    Annnnnnddddd--I want a cookbook!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have that song stuck in my head... mama's little baby loves beebop beebop, beebop a reebop rhubarb pie!

    Love that cookbook idea, tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/if-the-house-were-on-fire-these-are-the-recipes-id-take/18889338

      There you go!

      Delete